International Journal of Immunology is a peer-reviewed open access journal that publishes original research articles as well as review articles in all areas of immunology. Immunology is a diverse and growing discipline that can be defined as the study of the tissues, cells and molecules involved in host defense mechanisms. Immunologists attempt to understand how the immune system develops, how the body defends itself against disease, and what happens when it all goes wrong. Priority is given to work that provides fundamental insight into the workings of the immune system. Areas covered include, but are not limited to, innate immunity and inflammation; development; immune receptors, signaling and apoptosis; antigen presentation; gene regulation and recombination; cellular and systemic immunity; vaccines; immune tolerance; autoimmunity and tumor immunology, microbial immunopathology; and transplantation.
The great advances in immunology in recent years make this field one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing in biological sciences. This remarkable growth is stimulated by the influx of investigators from other disciplines such as biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, virology and various medical disciplines. These disciplines are so well interlinked with immunology that no immunological challenge can now be properly addressed without sophisticated applications of expertise of combinations of these disciplines. As a consequence, immunology has become a vast and rich field encompassing discoveries and outlooks that range from the highly clinical to the highly molecular. Although such perspectives may appear diverse, they are, in fact, extremely interdependent. The journal seeks to present a balanced overview of contemporary immunology and melds together different aspects of molecular immunology, immunobiology and clinical immunology.
Immunology is the branch of biomedical science that deals with the response of an organism to antigenic challenge and its recognition of what is self and what is not. It deals with the defense mechanisms including all physical, chemical and biological properties of the organism that help it to combat its susceptibility to foreign organisms, material, etc
Immunology has its origins in the study of how the body protects itself against infectious diseases caused by microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and fungi, and also parasitic organisms, such as helminth worms. Research / review articles deals with, among other things, the physiological functioning of the immune system in states of both health and disease; malfunctions of the immune system in immunological disorders (autoimmune diseases, hypersensitivities, immune deficiency, transplant rejection); the physical, chemical and physiological characteristics of the components of the immune system in vitro, in situ, and in vivo are of prime interest.
We take great pleasure in welcoming you to our new journal, International Journal of Immunology. We have created this publication with the intention of providing a space for the generation of knowledge, dialogue, critique, debate, and collaboration among an international community of immunologists, pathologists, researchers, scholars, etc.
Our vision is to create a high-quality publication that will be relevant, challenging, thought-provoking, for graduate students, academic researchers and scholars. We welcome original research papers, reviews articles, case studies, book reviews, and works-in progress.
We look forward to welcoming your submissions.
1. Adaptive immunity 11. Cancer and Tumor Immunobiology
2. Immunologic Techniques 12. Cellular & Regional Immunology
3. Transplantation Immunology 13. Combining Cancer Immunotherapies
4. Computational Immunology 14. Allergy prevention and risk factors
5. Immunology 15. Nutritional Immunology
6. Immunotherapy 16. Clinical Immunology
7. Pediatric Immunology 17. Reproductive Immunology
8. Immune Tolerance 18. Fungal Immunology
9. Mucosal Immunology 19. Neuro Immunology
10. Immune Toxicology 20.Immunoinformatics and System
Immune Scientific Networks:
Immunology Leadership & Committees consider proposals for Special Issues Editors will return a decision on your proposal within Two weeks of receipt. To enrich our vision of making the scientific information available at an ease of access, Immunology Leadership & Committees initiated special issue for the open access journals. All the articles published under a special issue focuses on a single topic providing the complete information about the ongoing research providing more insight on an emphasized topic of research enabling the readers access wide forecasted information on a particular topic Issue.
Special Issue Proposals: Special Issue deals with focused research topics of high interest, falling under the scope of the Journal. Special Issues are the pool of articles under a current topic selected from the Ongoing Research under specific discipline. The aim of the Special Issue is to provide a platform for the researchers to understand the recent advancements and challenges in particular areas of research. These articles will provide an opportunity to the readers to understand and access the scientific information.
We encourage potential scientists to organize the Special Issue in their field of interests that fits within the Journal scope. This will provide an opportunity to increase the visibility of the Guest Editors. The Special Issue Titles may be from any basic and clinical area of Science, Technology and Medicine. People interested in publishing a special issue are advised to consider the following guidelines.
Your proposal should contain:
By submitting a Special Issue proposal to Immunology Leadership & Committees, you agree to abide by the Special Issue Editor Protocol should your proposal be accepted
Special issue articles are published immediately upon their acceptance and are released under upcoming regular issues. Special Issues are invited throughout the year. For more information or any queries about the special issues, please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Promoting Your Special Issue
Immunology Leadership & Committees will work with Guest Editors to increase the visibility of the Special Issue in the months leading up to the submission deadline and once it has been published.
What Immunology Leadership & Committees will do:
1. Immunology Leadership & Committees will circulate your Call for Papers to the Immune Editorial Board, targeted mailing lists, and relevant AoM listservs. It will also advertise your Call on the Immune websites and other social media platforms. It will re-issue the Call at appropriate intervals.
2. Once the Special Issue is published, announcements will be made to the Immune Editorial Board, targeted mailing lists, and relevant AoM listservs as well as on the Immune websites social media platforms.
3. Free access to the Special Issue will be made available in the website to Guest Editors and readers.
What is expected of Guest Editors?
1. We expect that Guest Editors will circulate the Call for Papers within their own personal networks, social media groups, and at any relevant conferences or workshops they may attend.
2. If it has not already been suggested as part of the proposal, consideration should be given to organizing a conference or workshop either to generate submissions or to aid in the development of submitted papers. A symposium or PDW at a well-known conference may also be considered.
3. We expect Guest Editors to identify up to 50 scholars for whom the Special Issue will be particularly relevant
If you have any queries, please contact Elena Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Hari Mohan Saxena has 28 years of experience, including 23 years of experience in teaching and research and administrative experience of 8 years. He is the Director of Resident Instruction cum Dean, Postgraduate Studies at Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna. He was the Head of the Department of Veterinary Microbiology at GADVASU for 4 yrs. and has served as Counsellor (S&T) (Diplomat in the rank of Director) in the Embassy of India, Moscow, Russia (concurrently accredited to Ukraine and Belarus also) for nearly 4 years. He has been a Professor of Immunology for 18 yrs at GADVASU (and earlier PAU), Ludhiana. He is a Senior Expert of the Asia Pacific CEO Association Worldwide and a Member of the Expert Panel on Vaccines of the European Society for Translational Medicine. He has served as a Member of the Steering Committee of the Science Advisory Board, USA for 4 years (75,000 members around the world). He has served as the President of the Indian Society for Veterinary Immunology & Biotechnology (ISVIB). He is a Member of Immunology Advisory Board of WebMedCentral (UK) and a Member of Immunology Editorial Board of WebMedCentral Plus, UK. He is a Review Editor of Frontiers in Immunology (official journal of International Union of Immunological Societies; Frontiers group is a strategic partner of Nature Publishing Group), an Editor of the Journal of Clinical Immunology and Immunopathology Research (Academic Journals, New York, USA) and an Editorial Consultant of the Indian Journal of Veterinary Research. He has served as a Member of the Academic Council and a Member of the Postgraduate Committee of GADVASU and Member of Board of Studies of the Veterinary College, Ludhiana. He has served as the Member Secretary of Institutional Animal Ethics Committee of GADVASU for 5 years and as the University Liaison Officer, GADVASU for 4 ½ years. He is a Member of the Expert Panels of Agricultural Scientists’ Recruitment Board and Union Public Service Commission, ICAR & VCI and Selection Committees of several universities. Dr. Saxena has a first class BVSc & AH degree, a first class MVSc degree in Veterinary Pathology and a PhD degree in Immunology from the University of Nottingham, UK. He has also studied at the University of Cambridge, UK and at the University of Tokyo, Japan. Dr. Saxena is an eminent educationist and a teacher par excellence. He has been bestowed with the National Excellence Award of Life Sciences Foundation, India, Lifetime Education Excellence Award & Medal by All India Business Dev. Assoc, Bharat Shiksha Ratan Award by Global Soc. For Health & Edu. Growth, and Eminent Educationist Award by the Indus Foundation, Hyderabad. He is a renowned scientist of international repute and has obtained patents in USA, Europe, China and South Africa for his innovations in diagnosis of infectious diseases. He is a Fellow of the World Innovation Foundation, UK, a Fellow of the National Academy of Veterinary Sciences (India), a Fellow of the ISVIB, and a Fellow of the Society for Applied Biotechnology. He has won 4 gold medals and 1 silver medal in research [the FM Burnet Award Gold Medal, Scientist Award Gold Medal, Mid-Career Scientist Award Gold Medal and Young Scientist Award Gold Medal of ISVIB, and the ISHEER Award Silver Medal of the Ind. Soc. for Hlth. Edu. Env. & Res.], the Rana Memorial Award of the Assoc. of Microbiologists of India, and RRK Shukla Award of Indian Assoc. Advanc. Vet. Res. Dr. Saxena bagged two competitive R&D projects funded by national agencies-DBT and UGC as the Principal Investigator of the projects. He has edited a book published by Verlag DM, Germany and has published 88 original research papers in reputed journals, 1 book, 15 chapters in books, 4 manuals, 16 chapters in manuals, 11 reviews/popular articles, 45 scientific bulletins and 2 chapters and 6 articles on general topics and has presented 60 papers in international and national symposia. He has guided 1 PhD and 10 MVSc research students in Immunology / Microbiology.
* US, European, Chinese, South African & Indian Patents have been granted for my innovations in diagnosis of infectious diseases of animals.
* My innovation was selected among Top 100 Innovations of 2013 in India Innovation Growth Program by FICCI, Indo-US S&T Forum, DST & Stanford University, USA.
* My innovation was selected as a finalist in Invitrogen Science Hero Contest, 2015.
* Successfully completed a DBT project on Infectious Bursal Disease as PI (Rs.41.72 Lakhs).
* Successfully completed one RKVY project on Foot&Mouth Disease & Hemorrhagic Septicemia as PI (42 Lakhs) and another RKVY project on Application of Brucellaphage in therapy of Brucellosis as PI (Rs. 1,30,000).
* Successfully completed a UGC project on Marker vaccine & DIVA assay for Hemorrhagic Septicemia as the Principal Investigator (Rs.9.76 Lakhs).
* GADVASU Large Animal House was approved by CPCSEA and 196 animal projects approved during my 5 year tenure as Secretary, Institutional Animal Ethics Committee
Achievements in Scientific Administration