International Journal of Immunology is a peer-reviewed open access journal that publishes original research articles as well as review articles in all areas of immunology. Immunology is a diverse and growing discipline that can be defined as the study of the tissues, cells and molecules involved in host defense mechanisms. Immunologists attempt to understand how the immune system develops, how the body defends itself against disease, and what happens when it all goes wrong. Priority is given to work that provides fundamental insight into the workings of the immune system. Areas covered include, but are not limited to, innate immunity and inflammation; development; immune receptors, signaling and apoptosis; antigen presentation; gene regulation and recombination; cellular and systemic immunity; vaccines; immune tolerance; autoimmunity and tumor immunology, microbial immunopathology; and transplantation.
The great advances in immunology in recent years make this field one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing in biological sciences. This remarkable growth is stimulated by the influx of investigators from other disciplines such as biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, virology and various medical disciplines. These disciplines are so well interlinked with immunology that no immunological challenge can now be properly addressed without sophisticated applications of expertise of combinations of these disciplines. As a consequence, immunology has become a vast and rich field encompassing discoveries and outlooks that range from the highly clinical to the highly molecular. Although such perspectives may appear diverse, they are, in fact, extremely interdependent. The journal seeks to present a balanced overview of contemporary immunology and melds together different aspects of molecular immunology, immunobiology and clinical immunology.
Immunology is the branch of biomedical science that deals with the response of an organism to antigenic challenge and its recognition of what is self and what is not. It deals with the defense mechanisms including all physical, chemical and biological properties of the organism that help it to combat its susceptibility to foreign organisms, material, etc
Immunology has its origins in the study of how the body protects itself against infectious diseases caused by microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and fungi, and also parasitic organisms, such as helminth worms. Research / review articles deals with, among other things, the physiological functioning of the immune system in states of both health and disease; malfunctions of the immune system in immunological disorders (autoimmune diseases, hypersensitivities, immune deficiency, transplant rejection); the physical, chemical and physiological characteristics of the components of the immune system in vitro, in situ, and in vivo are of prime interest.
We take great pleasure in welcoming you to our new journal, International Journal of Immunology. We have created this publication with the intention of providing a space for the generation of knowledge, dialogue, critique, debate, and collaboration among an international community of immunologists, pathologists, researchers, scholars, etc.
Our vision is to create a high-quality publication that will be relevant, challenging, thought-provoking, for graduate students, academic researchers and scholars. We welcome original research papers, reviews articles, case studies, book reviews, and works-in progress.
We look forward to welcoming your submissions.
1. Adaptive immunity 11. Cancer and Tumor Immunobiology
2. Immunologic Techniques 12. Cellular & Regional Immunology
3. Transplantation Immunology 13. Combining Cancer Immunotherapies
4. Computational Immunology 14. Allergy prevention and risk factors
5. Immunology 15. Nutritional Immunology
6. Immunotherapy 16. Clinical Immunology
7. Pediatric Immunology 17. Reproductive Immunology
8. Immune Tolerance 18. Fungal Immunology
9. Mucosal Immunology 19. Neuro Immunology
10. Immune Toxicology 20.Immunoinformatics and System
Immune Scientific Networks:
Immunology Leadership & Committees consider proposals for Special Issues Editors will return a decision on your proposal within Two weeks of receipt. To enrich our vision of making the scientific information available at an ease of access, Immunology Leadership & Committees initiated special issue for the open access journals. All the articles published under a special issue focuses on a single topic providing the complete information about the ongoing research providing more insight on an emphasized topic of research enabling the readers access wide forecasted information on a particular topic Issue.
Special Issue Proposals: Special Issue deals with focused research topics of high interest, falling under the scope of the Journal. Special Issues are the pool of articles under a current topic selected from the Ongoing Research under specific discipline. The aim of the Special Issue is to provide a platform for the researchers to understand the recent advancements and challenges in particular areas of research. These articles will provide an opportunity to the readers to understand and access the scientific information.
We encourage potential scientists to organize the Special Issue in their field of interests that fits within the Journal scope. This will provide an opportunity to increase the visibility of the Guest Editors. The Special Issue Titles may be from any basic and clinical area of Science, Technology and Medicine. People interested in publishing a special issue are advised to consider the following guidelines.
Your proposal should contain:
By submitting a Special Issue proposal to Immunology Leadership & Committees, you agree to abide by the Special Issue Editor Protocol should your proposal be accepted
Special issue articles are published immediately upon their acceptance and are released under upcoming regular issues. Special Issues are invited throughout the year. For more information or any queries about the special issues, please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Promoting Your Special Issue
Immunology Leadership & Committees will work with Guest Editors to increase the visibility of the Special Issue in the months leading up to the submission deadline and once it has been published.
What Immunology Leadership & Committees will do:
1. Immunology Leadership & Committees will circulate your Call for Papers to the Immune Editorial Board, targeted mailing lists, and relevant AoM listservs. It will also advertise your Call on the Immune websites and other social media platforms. It will re-issue the Call at appropriate intervals.
2. Once the Special Issue is published, announcements will be made to the Immune Editorial Board, targeted mailing lists, and relevant AoM listservs as well as on the Immune websites social media platforms.
3. Free access to the Special Issue will be made available in the website to Guest Editors and readers.
What is expected of Guest Editors?
1. We expect that Guest Editors will circulate the Call for Papers within their own personal networks, social media groups, and at any relevant conferences or workshops they may attend.
2. If it has not already been suggested as part of the proposal, consideration should be given to organizing a conference or workshop either to generate submissions or to aid in the development of submitted papers. A symposium or PDW at a well-known conference may also be considered.
3. We expect Guest Editors to identify up to 50 scholars for whom the Special Issue will be particularly relevant
If you have any queries, please contact Elena Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2018: Best paper Presentation Award, Annual Conference IDEACON, 2018, Kolkata
2018: Samman and appreciation certificate by Member of Legislative Assembly, Bithoor, Kanpur for significant
contribution in spreading awareness for diabetes within rural society.
2018: Best paper Presentation Award, Diabetes India 2018, Kolkata
2017: Selected for Early Career Forum held in conjunction with the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting & Expo being
held March 17-20, 2018 in Chicago, IL
2017: Gold Award for Best Oral Presentation at RSSDI, New Delhi held at 29/10/2017 in Hotel The Lalit
2016: Selected for travel, financial assistance award to attend diabetes technology and therapeutics symposium,
Miami, USA, from Elsevier.
2016: Selected for travel, financial assistance award to attend the 3rd World Congress on Maillard Reaction, Budapest Hungary, from Aligarh Muslim University.
2016: Received travel grant award from Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India.
2014: Selected for Young Innovator award among the top 20 entries within the country for generating the concept of Glycalbuminsensor.
2013: Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi, Senior Research Fellowship.
2013: Selected for University Grants Commission research fellowship.
2013: Selected for Ph.D. Endocrinology, Aligarh Muslim University, India.
2012: Qualified National Level GATE examination (Life Sciences)
2008: Stood first and availed merit scholarship among the entrance examination in Post Graduate, National Level
Conference Proceedings and Poster Presentations
(1) Jamal Ahmad, MD, DM, PHD, FRCP, Mohammad Zubair, Km Neelofar, Zephy D and Alok Raghav.Glycemic and Non-Glycemic Targets in Younger and Older North Indian Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes in a Tertiary Care Hospital: A 10 Years Retrospective Data Analysis. International conference in Endocrinology 2014, Chicago,USA.
(2) Alok Raghav, Kriti Gupta, Sandeep Kumar, P.D Dwivedi, "Elucidations of atopic dermatitis induced by mung bean (Vignaradiata L. Millsp) proteins in allergic patients and BALB/c mice" in The Asia Pacific Association of Pediatric Allergy, Respirology and Immunology 2013 (APAPARI 2013), Bangkok,Singapore.
(3) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Khursheed Alam. GA/HbA1c ratio variability as an independent glycemic marker in chronic kidney disease patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Endocrine Society of India, New Delhi-2016. (Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2016 Ebsco Abstracts, Vol. 21, p3-3. 1p).
(4) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. Effects of chronic unpredictable environmental stress on glucose metabolism,
antioxidants profile and impaired tissue physiology: A key link in the pathogenesis of diabetic complications. Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India-2016, Hyderabad.
Conference Proceedings and Oral Presentations
(1) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. Human serum albumin as immunological biomarker upon non-enzymatic glycation in diabetes and its associated complications. IDEACON (Annual Conference), 8th July, Hotel JW Marriott, Kolkata.
(2) Alok Raghav and Jamal Ahmad. Nonenzymatic glycosylation of human serum albumin and its effect on antibodies profile in patients with diabetes mellitus. Diabetes India 4th February, 2018, Biswa Bangla Convention Centre, Kolkata
(3) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. Preferential recognition of advanced glycation end products by serum antibodies and low-grade systemic inflammation in diabetes mellitus and its complications. DIACON, The Grand Hayat Regency, Ahemdabad, 26/11/2017.
(4) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. Chronic Unpredictable environmental stress is the key regulator of diabetes mellitus prognosis. RSSDI New Delhi, Hotel The Lalit, 29/10/2017.
(5) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Khursheed Alam. Nonenzymatic glycation of human serum albumin with D-glucose exacerbate antibodies production against neo-epitopes: A new paradigm of antigen-antibody immune complex. 4 annual Conference of RSSDI Rajasthan Chapter-2016, Indana Palace,Jodhpur.
(6) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Khursheed Alam. Studies on glycated albumin: Assessment of optimal cut off value of glycated albumin and its clinical relevance in diabetes and diabetes associated pathologies. International Conference on Biotechnological Advancements in Free Radical Biology and Medicine. Integral University, Lucknow.ICBAFM –2015.
(7) Jamal Ahmad, MD, DM, PHD, FRCP, Mohammad Zubair, Km Neelofar, Zephy D and Alok Raghav.Glycemic and Non-Glycemic Targets in Younger and Older North Indian Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes in a Tertiary Care Hospital: A 10 Years Retrospective Data Analysis. Endocrine Society's 96th Annual Meeting and Expo, June 21–24, 2014 - Chicago. (Abstract published in Endocrine Society (Impact Factor19.358).
Reviewer/Editorial Board Member
(1) International Journal of Open Access Autoimmune Diseases (Editor)
(2) International Journal of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Science Group Publishing House, New York, USA (Reviewer)
(3) Modern Applications of Bioequivalence & Bioavailability (MABB) Journal, CA, USA. (Reviewer)
(4) Novel Techniques in Nutrition and Food Science, New York, USA. (Reviewer)
(1) Bhadauriya, Pratibha; Mamtani, Himanshu; Ashfaq, Mohammad; Raghav, Alok; Teotia, Arun; Kumar, Ashok; Verma, Nishith. ynthesis of yeast-immobilized and copper nanoparticle-dispersed carbon nanofiber-based diabetic wound dressing material: Simultaneous control of glucose and bacterial infections. ACS Applied Bio Materials. (In Production).
(2) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Khursheed Alam. Preferential recognition of advanced glycation end products by serum antibodies and low-grade systemic inflammation in diabetes mellitus and its complications. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. (In Production) (Impact Factor = 3.909)
(3) Prerna Singh and Alok Raghav. 3D Food Printing: A Revolution in Food Technology. Acta Scientific Nutritional Health 2018, 2 (2), 1-2.
(4) Alok Raghav and Jamal Ahmad. 2018. Crucial Role of Diabetes Mellitus in Delayed Angiogenesis of Wound. J of Pharmacol & Clin Res. 5:3; 555662.
(5) Alok Raghav and Jamal Ahmad. 2018. Glances of Dietetic Oral Guar Gum: Reducing Cholesterol in Human
Scenario. J of Pharmacol & Clin Res. 5:3; 555663.
(6) Saba Noor, Alok Raghav, Iqbal Parwez, Maaz Ozair, Jamal Ahmad. 2018. Molecular and culture based
assessment of bacterial pathogens in subjects with diabetic foot ulcer. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical
Research & Reviews. 12:3; 417-421. (Impact Factor = 0.961)
(7) Alok Raghav and Jamal Ahmad. 2018. Diabetes mellitus and foot ulcer: Always challenge to society. Diabetes Obesity Metabolic Disorder Open Access. 4;5-9.
(8) Prerna Singh, Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. 2018. Role of One to One Education in Management of Glycemic control. J Hormonal Dis Endocrine Res. 1:1; 1-3.
(9) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. 2018. Glycated albumin in chronic kidney disease: Pathophysiologic connections. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews.12:3; 463-468. (Impact Factor = 0.961)
(10) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Saba Noor, Brijesh Kumar Mishra Khursheed Alam. 2018. Glycated albumin and the risk of chronic kidney disease in subjects with Type 2 Diabetes: A study in North Indian Population. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 12:3; 381-385. (Impact Factor = 0.961).
(11) Alok Raghav, Zeeshan Ahmad Khan, Rajendra Kumar Labala, Jamal Ahmad, Saba Noor and Brijesh Kumar Mishra. 2017. Financial burden of diabetic foot ulcers to world: a progressive topic to discuss always. Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab. 2018 ; 9(1): 29–31 (Impact Factor =3.978).
(12) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Saba Noor, Brijesh Kumar Mishra. 2017. Role of Smartphones in Smart
Management of Diabetes Mellitus: A Friend Always with You. J Diabetes Care Endocrinol 1:007.
(13) Maaz Ozair, Saba Noor, Alok Raghav, Sheelu Shafiq Siddiqi, Jamal Ahmad. 2017. Prevalence of Thyroid
Disorders in North Indian Type 2 Diabetic Subjects: A cross sectional study. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. S1871-4021(17); 30421-6 (Impact Factor = 0.961)
(14) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Ashok Kumar Kaul, Prerna Singh, Himanshu Mamtani, Syed Muntazir Andrabi, Aman Nikhil, Saba Noor and Brijesh Kumar Mishra. Neonatal Diabetes Mellitus: A Tale Still to Resolve. Curr Res Diabetes Obes J 4(4): CRDOJ.MS.ID.555643 (2017).
(15) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Zeeshan Ahmad Khan, Brijesh Kumar Mishra and Rai Pawankumar Anirudh. 2017. Current Insights in Mammalian Glycosylation: Implication of Glycoproteomics as Next-Generation Biomarkers in Diabetes Mellitus. J Glycobiol 6:125. (Impact Factor = 1.8).
(16) Vikas Mishra, Alok Raghav, Brajesh Singh, Anup Mishra, and Sachin Gupta. Smart Insulin: A Tool for Effective Management of Hypoglycemia and Diabetes Mellitus. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2017;6:9; 430-437.
(17) Alok Raghav, Aditi, Sneha Gupta, Pratibha Singh, Aman Nikhil, Saba Noor and Jamal Ahmad. Dietary Lifestyle, Way of Life Practices and Corpulence: Towards Present Day Science. Examines Phy Med Rehab. 2017;1:1-2.
(18) Sidra Islam, Moinuddin, Abdul Rouf Mir, Alok Raghav, Safia Habib, Khursheed Alam, Asif Ali. Glycation,
oxidation and glycoxidation of IgG: a biophysical, biochemical, immunological and hematological study. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics.2017;1-17. (Impact Factor= 3.107).
(19) Saba Noor, Abhijit GirishBorse, Maaz Ozair, Alok Raghav, Iqbal Parwez, Jamal Ahmad. Inflammatory markers as risk factors for infection with multidrug-resistant microbes in diabetic foot subjects. The Foot. 2017;32:44-48. (Impact Factor = 0.736).
(20) Anup Mishra , Vikas Mishra, Pervej Akhter, Roma Agrahari , Wakar Ahmad , Shivangi Khare and Alok Raghav. Plant Molecular Farming: Much More To Know. World Journal of Pharmacuetical Research. 2017;6:10; 1709-1720.
(21) Rinkesh Kumar Gupta, Alok Raghav, Akanksha Sharma, Kriti Gupta, Neelabh, Payal Mandal, Anurag Triathi, Irfan Ahmad Ansari, Mukul Das, Premendra D. Dwivedi. Glycation of clinically relevant chickpea allergen attenuates its allergic immune response in Balb/c mice. Food Chemistry. (Available Online).
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2017.05.056 (Impact Factor = 4.946)
(22) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Khursheed Alam. Nonenzymatic glycosylation of human serum albumin and its effect on antibodies profile in patients with diabetes mellitus. Plos One 12(5):2017; e0176970. (Impact Factor = 2.806).
(23) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, MaazOzair, Saba Noor, Zeeshan Ahmad Khan, Brijesh Kumar Mishra. Safety of the DPP-4 Inhibitor, α-glucosidase Inhibitors, Glitazones and SGLT-2 Inhibitors as Add-on Therapy with Metformin in Medication of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Diabetes and Endocrinology. Vol. 1, No. 1, 2016, pp. 13-15. doi: 10.11648/j.ijde.20160101.13.
(24) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. The combinatorial effective approach of alpha-glucosidase inhibitor and
Sodiumglucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT-2). Online international Journal of Medical and Social Sciences 2016,
(25) Sidra Islam, Moinuddin, Abdul Rouf Mir, Alok Raghav, Farzana Khan, Khursheed Alam; Asif Ali. Neoepitopes generated on hydroxyl radical modified glycated IgG have role in immunopathology of diabetes type 2 patients. PlosOne ;2017: 12(1): e0169099. (Impact Factor = 2.806).
(26) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Khursheed Alam. New Insights of non-enzymatic glycation on human serum
albumin biopolymer: A study to unveil its impaired albumin structure and function. International Journal of Biological Macromolecule (Available online 18/03/2017. (Impact Factor = 3.909)
(27) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. Updates of Diabetes Mellitus: A Concern for Public Health. J Res Diabetes Metab. 2017;3(1): 008-016
(28) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. Non-enzymatic glycation: A link between chemistry and Biology. Journal of
Diabetes and Obesity. 2016; 1(7):1-8. (Impact Factor = 0.565)
(29) Alok Raghav,Jamal Ahmad, Brijesh Kumar Mishra, Sumit Kumar. The implication of molecular diagnosis and Good Laboratory Practices in the reduction of laboratory animal disease: An approach for management of healthcare in animal facilities. Advances in clinical Toxicology. 2016; 1(2):1-5.
(30) Smita Panchal ,Ankita Asati , Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Devendra K. Patel. Ionic liquid based microextraction of targeted lipidomics from serum by using UHPLC-MS/MS with chemometric approach: A Pilot study. RSC Advance 2016, 6, 916-29.( Impact Factor = 2.936).
(31) Ritu Kushwaha, Brijesh Kumar Mishra, Alok Raghav, F.K Pandey. Effect of Urea, Papaya Milk and Minthol on RhizoctoniaSolani and MacrophominaPhaseolina. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016, 5(8): 1037-1047.
(32) Alok Raghav, Sidra Islam, Brijesh Kumar Mishra, Rinkesh Kumar Gupta, Sumit Kumar. Optical screening of glycation induced structural alterations in serum proteins of diabetes patients using spectroscopic techniques.
International Journal of New Technology and Research. 2016, 2(5):44-48.
(33) Alok Raghav. Genetic Modification in Plants and Food: Human Health; Risks and Benefits. Food Science and Nutrition Technology; Medwin publishers. 1(1): FSNT-MS-ID-000103 (2016).
(34) Alok Raghav. Preventive aspects of prebiotics and probiotics in food hypersensitivity. Food Science and
Nutrition Technology; Medwin publishers. 1(1): FSNT-MS-ID-000102 (2016).
(35) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad, Khursheed Alam. The impact of glycation on structural and antioxidant function of human serum albumin: Relevance to Diabetes associated pathologies. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 10 (2), (2016) 96–101. (Impact Factor = 0.961).
(36) Jamal Ahmad, Mohammad Zubair, Km Neelofar, Zephy D and Alok Raghav. Glycemic and Non-Glycemic
Targets in Younger and Older North Indian Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes in a Tertiary Care Hospital: A 10 Years Retrospective Data Analysis. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 10S (2016) S130-S134. (Impact Factor = 0.961).
(37) Alok Raghav, Jamal Ahmad. 2014. Glycated Serum Albumin: A potential disease marker and an intermediate index of diabetes control. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 8(4) : 245–251. (Impact Factor = 0.961).