International Journal of Genome science is a peer-reviewed open acess journal that publishes original research articles as well as review articles in all areas of Genetics. As a journal that has evolved with the field that carries its name, Genomics focuses on the development and application of cutting-edge methods, addressing fundamental questions with potential interest to a wide audience. Our aim is to publish the highest quality research and to provide authors with rapid, fair and accurate review and publication of manuscripts falling within our scope. This journal provides the means for scientists, researchers, medical doctors, clinicians and biotechnologists to publish original rapid communications, full papers and timely state-of- the-art reviews encompassing the fundamental and applied research in all areas of the genome science and technology. Highest priority will be given to short communications reporting important new scientific and technological findings. Short communications on new findings with breakthrough results will be considered for accelerated publication though authors should provide a brief description why the manuscript be considered for fast tracking . International Journal of Genome science provides the means for scientists, researchers, medical doctors, clinicians and biotechnologists to publish original rapid communications, full papers and timely state-of- the-art reviews encompassing the fundamental and applied research in all areas of the genome science and technology. Highest priority will be given to short communications reporting important new scientific and technological findings. Short communications on new findings with breakthrough results will be considered for accelerated publication though authors should provide a brief description why the manuscript be considered for fast-tracking.
Genetics and genomics both play roles in health and disease. Genetics helps individuals and families learn about how conditions such as sickle cell anemia and cystic fibrosis are inherited in families, what screening and testing options are available, and, for some genetic conditions, what treatments are available. Genetics is a term that refers to the study of genes and their roles in inheritance - in other words, the way that certain traits or conditions are passed down from one generation to another. Genetics involves scientific studies of genes and their effects.
The Journal of Genome is an open access Journal that features high-quality articles in Genome Biology. The journal aims to provide its readers with top-tier information on all aspects of genomics, in order to engender a better understanding of organismal genomes.
The Journal of Genome has assembled an editorial board comprised of acclaimed scientists from across the world. Every article is subject to a rigorous peer review process by eminent scientists. The journal maintains the highest standards in terms of quality and originality. In addition to Research Articles, the Journal also publishes high-quality Perspectives, Commentaries, and Reviews to ensure healthy debates among the readers.
Genome Scientific Networks:
Genome Leadership & Committees consider proposals for Special Issues Editors will return a decision on your proposal within Two weeks of receipt. To enrich our vision of making the scientific information available at an ease of access, Genome Leadership & Committees initiated special issue for the open access journals. All the articles published under a special issue focuses on a single topic providing the complete information about the ongoing research providing more insight on an emphasized topic of research enabling the readers to access wide forecasted information on a particular topic Issue.
Special Issue Proposals: Special Issue deals with focused research topics of high interest, falling under the scope of the Journal. Special Issues are the pool of articles under a current topic selected from the Ongoing Research under specific discipline. The aim of the Special Issue is to provide a platform for the researchers to understand the recent advancements and challenges in particular areas of research. These articles will provide an opportunity to the readers to understand and access the scientific information.
We encourage potential scientists to organize the Special Issue in their field of interests that fit within the Journal scope. This will provide an opportunity to increase the visibility of the Guest Editors. The Special Issue Titles may be from any basic and clinical area of Science, Technology, and Medicine. People interested in publishing a special issue are advised to consider the following guidelines.
Your proposal should contain:
Special issue articles are published immediately upon their acceptance and are released under upcoming regular issues. Special Issues are invited throughout the year. For more information or any queries about the special issues, please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Promoting Your Special Issue
Genome Leadership & Committees will work with Guest Editors to increase the visibility of the Special Issue in the months leading up to the submission deadline and once it has been published.
What Genome Leadership & Committees will do:
1. Genome Leadership & Committees will circulate your Call for Papers to the Genome Editorial Board, targeted mailing lists, and relevant AoM listservs. It will also advertise your Call on the Genome websites and other social media platforms. It will re-issue the Call at appropriate intervals.
2. Once the Special Issue is published, announcements will be made to the Genome Editorial Board, targeted mailing lists, and relevant AoM listservs as well as on the Genome websites social media platforms.
3. Free access to the Special Issue will be made available in the website to Guest Editors and readers.
What is expected of Guest Editors?
1. We expect that Guest Editors will circulate the Call for Papers within their own personal networks, social media groups, and at any relevant conferences or workshops, they may attend.
2. If it has not already been suggested as part of the proposal, consideration should be given to organizing a conference or workshop either to generate submissions or to aid in the development of submitted papers. A symposium or PDW at a well-known conference may also be considered.
3. We expect Guest Editors to identify up to 50 scholars for whom the Special Issue will be particularly relevant
If you have any queries, please contact Arnold Christine (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Ph.D. (May 1988): Genetics, McMaster University, Canada Dissertation: “Genetic Structure and
Species Divergence in Natural Populations of Drosophila”
• M. Sc. Botany (July 1977): Botany (specialized in Cytogenetics), Patna University, India
(Second rank in the class)
• B. Sc. Honors (May 1974): Botany Honors, Zoology, and Chemistry, Patna University, India
(First rank in the class)
• Evolution of multipartite genomes in Bacteria
• Cell-cycle regulation in Rhodobacter sphaeroides
• Evolution of genes and proteins, metabolic and regulatory networks
• Bioremediation of heavy metals
• Educational Research, teaching pedagogies, and curriculum development
AWARDS AND HONORS
• 2017-2019: President-Elect, Texas Branch of American Society of Microbiology
• 2016: Faculty Excellence Award in Scholarly and Creative Accomplishment, Sam Houston
State University, Huntsville, Texas
• 2015: Goldschmidt Research Mentoring Award, Texas-Branch of the American Society of
• 2014: Recognized for outstanding commitment to the academic and personal successes
of students, Texas Omicron Chapter, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society
• 2014: Faculty Award for Excellence in Research, The College of Sciences and Engineering
Technology (COSET), Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, USA
• 2014-2017: Advisory Board, American Society for Microbiology, Texas Branch (2014-)
• 2012: Prof. R. P. Roy Memorial Lecture, Dept of Botany, Patna University, Patna, India
• 2012: University Faculty Mentoring Award, Sam Houston State University, Texas, USA
• 2012: UNESCO-ASM Visiting Speaker at Dept. of Biotechnology, Patna University, Patna, India
• 2012: ASM-NSF Biology Scholar, American Society for Microbiology
• 201-2014: Secretary, Texas Branch of American Society of Microbiology
• 2009: Lifetime Service Award: Bihar Association of North America, USA
• 1987: Yates Graduate Scholarship, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
• 1986: Graduate Student Travel Award, Genetics Society of America (GSA)
• 1977-1979: Research Fellow: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India
• 1975-1977: National Merit Scholarship, Government of India
• Co-Advisor: Sam Houston Association of Medical Oriented Students (SHAMOS) 2008-2015
• Member, University Research Council, Sam Houston State University (2011-2015)
• Member, Forensic Science Advisory Committee (2012- present)
• Member, University Faculty Senate (2013-2018)
• Member, Academic Affairs Committee (2013-2014)
• Member, Committee on Committees (2014-2017)
• Member, Tenure, and Promotion Advisory Committee (2015-)
• Member, Faculty, and Staff Annual Campaign Committee (2015-)
• Member, Excellence in Scholarly and Creative Accomplishments Committee
• President, Bihar Association of North America (2006-2008)
• Board of Directors, Bihar Association of North America (2009-2017)
• Coordinator, BANA Academic Fest (2000-2009)
• Member, Academic Advisory Council, Fort Bend ISD (2001-2002)
• Member, Advisory Board, Sewa International-Houston, USA (2010-2014)
• Judges- debate and speech competitions, Mahatma Gandhi Library (2008-2014)
• Founder: Academy for Scientific and Professional Inspiration in Research and Education
(ASPIRE), a non-profit organization