The Online International Journal of Onco Scientific Networks & Oncology is a peer-reviewed open acess journal that publishes original research articles as well as review articles in all areas of Oncology. this practical journal also includes information on new products, new therapies and patient management, as well as reviews of the latest research. Cancer is a complex problem. The international effort to understand and control it involves clinicians trained in many branches of medicine and scientists from most biological disciplines, chemistry, pharmaceutical and physical sciences The International Online Journal of Cancer & Therapeutics exists to serve the needs of this diverse community, providing a forum for prompt communication of original and innovative research findings that have relevance to understanding the etiology of cancer and to improving the treatment and survival of patients.
The journal publishes important original studies, reviews, and perspectives within the major topic areas of biology of premalignancy, risk factors and risk assessment, early detection research, immunoprevention, and chemopreventive and other interventions, including the basic science behind them. This journal comprises preclinical, clinical and translational research, with special attention given to molecular discoveries and an emphasis on building a translational bridge between the basic and clinical sciences. Main focuses of interest include: systemic anticancer therapy (with specific interest on molecular targeted agents and new immune therapies), randomized trials (including negatives ones), top-level guidelines, and new fields currently emerging as key components of personalized medicine, such as molecular pathology, bioinformatics, modern statistics, and biotechnologies. Radiotherapy, surgery and pediatrics manuscripts can be considered if they display a clear interaction with one of the fields above or are paradigm-shifting.
Oncology is the diagnosis and treatment of cancers,including breast,prostate,colon,lung and ovarian cancers as well as brain tumors,leukemia,lymphoma and many other types of cancer.. A doctor who works in the field of oncology is called an oncologist. The primary regions of oncology are radiation, which is worried with radiation treatment, or radiotherapy; surgical, which is contained specialists who spend significant time in tumor evacuation; therapeutic, which manages disease drugs, including chemotherapy; and interventional, which includes interventional radiologists who have some expertise in insignificantly obtrusive picture guided tumor treatment.
It is our pleasure to welcome you on behalf of the editorial board members,Professors,Scientists... it is with great pleasure, humility and honour that we welcome you to this inaugural first issue of Journal of Cancer & Therapeutics. Hosted by the Helics Scientific Networks and Cancer Leadership 2018.
The journal has a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary issues reflecting the complexity of Cancer & Therapeutics. Today, Cancer & Therapeutics are a very broad research area involving different scientific disciplines ranging , to basic sciences and from medicine to marketing. In each of this areas there are different journals dealing with very specific aspects intended for a limited audience. Similarly, interdisciplinary researches are often difficult to publish in specialized journals and part of the aim of Journal of Cancer & Therapeutics is to capture high-quality works that doesn’t clearly fall within the scope of other journals. This openminded stance toward the scope of the journal allows to overcome knowledge fragmentation and the integration between apparently different topics providing the reader with a global view on the topic of interest.
We delighted to be a part of this new interdisciplinary initiative, which we believe is exactly the type of platform needed to highlight and broaden Cancer & Therapeutics into widespread acceptance with the highest values of scientific integrity to which the Journal of Cancer & Therapeutics is inspired.
Once more, on behalf I welcome you to this journal. We look forward to your submissions and to publish your manuscripts.
The Online International Journal of Onco Scientific Networks & Oncology aims to publish scientific articles in General Medicine. It covers the entire spectrum from basic science to clinical medicine, including research papers, case reports and review articles as special articles.
For scientific research work constantly, but also an integrative review of all the work and results obtained in relation to a particular topic that will generate a real knowledge about that is not only necessary.
Track: 1 Cell and Tumor Biology
Track: 2 Carcinogenesis
Track: 3 Cancer Genomics, Epigenetic and Genomic Instability
Track: 4 Prevention and Early Detection
Track: 5 Radio-biology / Radiation Oncology
Track: 6 Molecular Pathology Approach to Cancer
Track: 7 Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology
Track: 8 Experimental / Molecular Therapeutics, Pharmacogenomics
Track: 9 Cancer Research & Cancer Metabolism
Track: 10 Intraoperative Imaging Technologies for Cancer Detection and Treatment
Track: 11 Methods in Clinical Cancer Research
Track: 12 Tumour Immunology
Track: 13 Paradigms in Interventional Pulmonology Ultrasound & Lung Cancer Staging
Track: 14 Uro Oncology
Track: 15 Cancer Nursing
Track: 16 Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer
Track: 17 Gynaecological Oncology
Track: 18 Breast Cancer
Track: 19 Cancer Vaccines and Immunoengineering
Track: 20 Lung Cancer
Cancer Scientific Networks:
Cancer Leadership & Committees consider proposals for Special Issues Editors will return a decision on your proposal within Two weeks of receipt. To enrich our vision of making the scientific information available at an ease of access, Cancer Leadership & Committees initiated special issue for the open access journals. All the articles published under a special issue focuses on a single topic providing the complete information about the ongoing research providing more insight on an emphasized topic of research enabling the readers access wide forecasted information on a particular topic Issue.
Special Issue Proposals: Special Issue deals with focused research topics of high interest, falling under the scope of the Journal. Special Issues are the pool of articles under a current topic selected from the Ongoing Research under specific discipline. The aim of the Special Issue is to provide a platform for the researchers to understand the recent advancements and challenges in particular areas of research. These articles will provide an opportunity to the readers to understand and access the scientific information.
We encourage potential scientists to organize the Special Issue in their field of interests that fits within the Journal scope. This will provide an opportunity to increase the visibility of the Guest Editors. The Special Issue Titles may be from any basic and clinical area of Science, Technology and Medicine. People interested in publishing a special issue are advised to consider the following guidelines.
Your proposal should contain:
By submitting a Special Issue proposal to Cancer Leadership & Committees, you agree to abide by the Special Issue Editor Protocol should your proposal be accepted
Special issue articles are published immediately upon their acceptance and are released under upcoming regular issues. Special Issues are invited throughout the year. For more information or any queries about the special issues, please write us to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoting Your Special Issue
Cancer Leadership & Committees will work with Guest Editors to increase the visibility of the Special Issue in the months leading up to the submission deadline and once it has been published.
What Cancer Leadership & Committees will do:
1. Cancer Leadership & Committees will circulate your Call for Papers to the Cancer Editorial Board, targeted mailing lists, and relevant AoM listservs. It will also advertise your Call on the Cancer websites and other social media platforms. It will re-issue the Call at appropriate intervals.
2. Once the Special Issue is published, announcements will be made to the Cancer Editorial Board, targeted mailing lists, and relevant AoM listservs as well as on the Cancer websites social media platforms.
3. Free access to the Special Issue will be made available in the website to Guest Editors and readers.
What is expected of Guest Editors?
1. We expect that Guest Editors will circulate the Call for Papers within their own personal networks, social media groups, and at any relevant conferences or workshops they may attend.
2. If it has not already been suggested as part of the proposal, consideration should be given to organizing a conference or workshop either to generate submissions or to aid in the development of submitted papers. A symposium or PDW at a well-known conference may also be considered.
3. We expect Guest Editors to identify up to 50 scholars for whom the Special Issue will be particularly relevant
If you have any queries, please contact Eliza Lind (Cancer.email@example.com)
Mohamed L. Salem (PhD, 1995) is the Professor of Immunology at Tanta University, Egypt and Visiting Professor at Hollings Cancer Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, USA. Dr. Salem is the Director of Delta Development Research Center which is a regional branch of Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Egypt; Director of the Grant, Innovation & Technology Transfer Center, and Director of Center of Excellence in Cancer research, Tanta University, Egypt. Dr. Salem obtained his PhD in 1995 through a channel system between Tanta University, Egypt and Kyushu University, Japan. From 1997 -2001, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Kyushu University, Japan and from 2002-2010 as an Assistant Professor at Medical University of South Carolina, USA. Dr. Salem is member of the National Committee for Professorship Promotion (Zoology) and National Committee for the Basic Science Sector, Supreme Council of Universities, Egypt. He is also a Member of the National Committee for the Biological Sciences and National Committee for Basic Sciences, Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Egypt. He is also a founding Chairman of the Egyptian Society for Cancer Research (EACR) and among the founder members of the Middle Eastern Association for Cancer Research (MEACR), Canada. Dr. Salem won the State Incentive Award (2004) and the State Excellent Award (2010) in Basic Sciences from the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, and Tanta University Estimated Award (2015), and Tanta University Esteemed Award in Basic Sciences 2015, Egypt based on his research on cancer immunotherapy. His h-index is 26 with 2924 citations and about 111 published articles in peer-reviewed journals. He has attended more than 100 national and international workshops and conferences in Immunology. He supervised more than 50 Master and PhD students in cancer-related works. He is a member of several editorial boards of peer-reviewed journals as well as ad hoc reviewer for more than 80 journals. He has been invited to give talks in cancer immunotherapy in Egypt, UAE, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, USA, Canada, and Canada. Dr Salem’s research focuses on understanding the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying how cancer and HCV escape from host immunity, in particular the rules of immunoregulatory cells including lymphoid and myeloid lineages. Additionally his research has been focusing on developing effective anticancer immunotherapies strategies, in particular the use of adoptive cell therapy. His research projects have been funded by National Institute of Health, USA, Science and Technology Development Fund (STDF), Egypt, National Academy of Sciences, USA and Tanta University, Egypt, as well as by industry.
1. State's Excellence Award in Basic Sciences (2009/2010): Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Egypt.
2. State's Incentive Award in Biology (2003/2004): Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Egypt.
3. Tanta University Estimated Award (2015): Tanta University, Egypt
1. Senior Research Fellowship Award to visit Medical University of South Carolina, USA for 6 months, Ministry of Higher Education, Egypt (July 2012).
2. The Educational Institute on Responsible Research on Infectious Diseases: Ensuring Safe Science in the 21th Century sponsored and organized b U.S. National Academy of Sciences, Aqaba, Jordan, 8-13 September, 2012.
3. 2011 CAS-TWAS Visiting Scholar Award: Third World Academy of Science (TWAS), 2010. Three-month award to visit Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
4. Selective Poem award: "Title: We All Shall Die", International Society of Poets, 2006.
5. Selective Poem award: "Painless Pain", International Society of Poets, 2006.
6. Research Excellence Award: Marine Polymer Technologies, Inc., 2006
7. Research Fellow Scholarship, Ministry of Higher Education, Japan (October 1997-March, 2001)
1. Appreciation Letter, California Academy for Training, Cairo, Egypt for active contribution to the success of the training activities of the Academy, 2017.
2. Faculty of Science Shield for Scientific Research Excellence, 2017.
3. Appreciation Letter, Dahtoora Village's Sherif and Community Service Committee for outstanding contribution to the community scientific and social activates to the village, 2016 and 2017.
4. Appreciation Letters, Gharbia Education Sector, for Outstanding Scientific Collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Gharbia Center, Tanta, Egypt, January & March 2017.
5. Appreciation Letter, Community Service and Environmental Development Sector, Tanta University, Egypt for Outstanding Contribution to the Sector Activities, March 2017.
6. Appreciation Letter, Beni Sweif University for recognition of Outstanding contribution to the success of the 1st conference on "Transforming Undergraduate Students into Researchers", Beni Sweif University Egypt, 2017
7. Conference Shield, the 8th International Conference of Biological Science, Tanta and Cairo University, Egypt 2016
8. Conference Shield, the 4th Conference on Enhancing Scientific Research, Tanta University, Egypt, July 2017.
9. Conference Shield, the 1st Conference on Mathematics and Computer Science, Tanta University, November 2016.
10. Conference Shield, the 1st Innovation Display, Tanta University, Egypt 2016
11. Conference Shield, Annual Conference for Establishing the Mansoura University Center for Stem Cells of Umbilical Cord Project. Mansoura University, Egypt, April 2016.
12. The shield of Society of Pathological Biochemistry and Hematology, Menofya University, Egypt, March, 2016
13. The Shield of the 1st Scientific Forum of the Development of Nile Delta, Faculty of Science, Tanta University, Egypt, 2015.
14. Faculty of Science Distinguished Award, Tanta University, Egypt, September 2014.
15. Distinguished Award, Association for American-Egyptian Scholars in North America during the Annual Meeting of the association, December 2012, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
16. Certificate of Merit from Society of Friends of Zweial City, Egypt, February 2014).
17. Syndicate Shield: Behira Scientific Syndicate Shield as recognition for giving several talks to young practioners and researchers, Damanhur, Egypt, February 2013.
18. Tanta University (Egypt) Shield: for the scientific achievement, November, 2010.
19. Gharbia Governorate (Egypt) Shield: for the scientific achievement, November, 2010.
20. The Conference Shield: the 6th International Conference on Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Tanta University, Egypt, November 2010.
21. Tanta University (Egypt) Shield: for the scientific achievement, November, 2004.
22. Gharbia Governorate (Egypt) Shield: for the scientific achievement, November, 2004.
23. Certificate of Merit: the First Conference of Applied Prophetic Medicine organized by Abha Private Hospital, Saudi Arabia, 19 to 21 February 2008.
24. Certificate of Merit: National Science Club Committee, The first meeting of the Science Clubs competition for the Universities in Egypt held at Cairo University 21/11/1996.